I don't know where to start. I want to take one step back from deviantArt.
On the one hand dA kinda bores me, most of the stuff here is always the same and the rest isn't even art in my eyes. Of course I have a few friends here who create great art which I really enjoy but they aren't many and some of them don't post stuff regularly. dA isn't a place which inspires me anymore...
I am also bored of getting commments like "amazing work" and "nice". But it even bores me more to thank them..it is a nice gesture but ugh, I am sick of it. I want to hear why it is "nice", why people like it or even why they hate it! I want them to feel something when they look at my works.
Also I have the feeling that despite my growing number of watchers less and less people really enjoy my art. Maybe you are bored of my stuff but if so, please let me know!
On the other hand I feel like I put much more into dA then I get back. I manage a group, write my "pay attention!" features, write other huge articles (which don't get a lot of attention at all), check the DDs, suggest DDs, answer to every comment, look for new artists, check my inbox which is full of stuff, post my works, suggest my work to groups and and and. It really takes a lot of time and I am wondering why I am doing this. Most of the mentioned things don't give me anything, I personally don't get anything out of it (not sure if this is english ._.). I am also rather disappointed that no one of you wants to buy a print... 1602 watchers or not.
I don't want to waste my time on a virtual place - I want to live!
I have got so many things to do, not only for university but I have planned so many little projects, have to work, get my new flat soon and so on. My freetime should be used for creating amazing stuff and not browsing through dA. Maybe I really sound very negative but that's just how I feel at the moment. So I decided to take one step back from dA.
Here is my plan:
- I won't put my heart into dA no longer
- I won't write any features or articles in the near future
- I won't spend endless hours on dA browsing through art and so on
- I won't submit my works to groups the next weeks (let's see how many views I will get then)
- I won't put my heart into my group anymore (sorry guys, but I feel like I am the only one who is doing more than voting on submissions)
- I will unwatch every boring group and deviant
- I won't suggest DDs anymore
- I won't answer to comments like "nice" even if that seems arrogant
- I will still post my works here
- I will still be nice to all of my friends (of course!) and other nice people, answer their comments, comment on their art and so on
- (this line is empty because I am sure that I forgot something so this is the place for it hehe)
- I will participate in an amazing flickr meet-up this summer with even more amazing people who are really inspiring (and not on dA... I wonder why haha)
- I will live my real life and create stuff I really like
Yup, that's it. Now you can tell me your opinion if you want to but if not, I won't be surprise at all.
Still I wish you a nice day!